Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Anubhuti Sharma of Hewitt, US wrote to say

"Mediocre But Arrogant is a walk down a familiar road…. on each page I met people I knew, revisited places I’d been and felt the feelings I had trying to find my way….as Abbey’s train pulled away from Tatanagar for the last time, I was once more sad to leave my own memories behind. This book is timeless – the characters and their experiences will resonate with anyone who has lived on an institute campus….

Abbey and his friends re-create the magic of sipping chai with friends, strumming drunken songs through early hours, making “life or death” decisions on love and life, tackling colorful professor personalities and their colorless assignments, and in the end winning a ticket to the corporate circus – somewhat wiser.

As one turns to the end, one can’t help but feel a certain wistfulness for the memorable moments that have passed in the company of old friends."

No comments: