Monday, September 19, 2005

Mehul Pandya writes...

Dear Abhijit,

Congratulations and compliments for an exceptionally well written book.

Though, I am not from XLRI, I appreciated the theme and description of Abbey, Priya, Keya and Ayesha, Rusty, Gopher etc and others. Being a part of the HR fraternity, (I did my MHRM in 2001 from MS University, Baroda and currently with PwC) the book took me back to my PG days. Many of the events from your story also resembled some of the events in my life at my B-school and couldn't help but to compare them and drifting into past.

It is like the vicious circle that when you are a child at a school, you want to go to college; when you are in college, you want to be in job and when you are in job, you want to go back to school as a child. It made me read your book at a stretch and over the last weekend, I finished reading it.

However, I would have expected to hear more about Keya and Abbey and still wondering what happened to that? If you had the liberty to complete the story to be a happy ending, what would have been your story? Perhaps, I would have also imagined Abbey entering into a serious relationship with Ayesha.

But anyways, congratulations and compliments again. It was worth spending two days at XLRI (virtually) .

Kind regards,
Mehul Pandya
mehulbpandya@gmail.com

No comments: